Welcome to the EFCLRA coach's page. This is where you will find all the resources and contact information you will needed to make you season enjoyable for you and your players. 2020/2021 will be a year to remember. Volunteering to coach a ringette team is a huge responsibility and Edmonton Ringette thanks you for everything you do. As sport leagues begin to start up all over Canada, new rules and safety protocols are being developed to address the highest level of safety we can achieve for the players, coaches, officials, volunteers and our families. We will continue to update this page with helpful information and tools so please check back often. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding coaching, please contact Ryan Devlin, our Coaching Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaches Resources Documents - CLICK on the document
- Starting up up your team - EFCLRA Letter to Participants and Families
- Return to Ringette - National Directive
- Return to Ringette - Alberta Supplement
- AHS Guidance for Sport, Physical Activity and recreation - Stage 2
- AHS Sporting Association’s Roles and Responsibilities
- AHS Guidance for Cohorts
- Non-cohort Team Staff
- RAB - Consequences and Safety Measures
- RAB - Sharing ice with different cohorts
- Attestations Using RAMP - RAB Daily Health Check
- Rule of 2 in a virtual setting - NCCP
- RAB - Informed Consent and Assumption of Risk Waiver (participants under 18)
- RAB - Adult Waiver (participants 18 and over)
- City of Edmonton Arena Guidelines
- Face covering Bylaws
- RAB -Sept. 1 update on Return to play
- RAB - Outside Sport Declaration
Coaches Package Appendix Documents
- Bench Staff Code of Conduct
- Team Staff Role and Responsibilities
- Respect our Coaches and Team Staff
- Coach Evaluation Example
- Fair Play Code of Conduct
Ringette Alberta Return to Ringette Update as of September 30, 2020 - To watch the webinar, click here
This webinar covers information related to new cohort rules, the plan to address a severe shortage of officials, changes to the coaching requirements for this season and more.
Ringette Canada Webinar on Insurance and Legal - To watch the webinar, click here
The first is a webinar hosted by Ringette Canada that is a real eye opener for most who have any questions about how the insurance program and the law related to one another and provides an excellent foundation for why Ringette Canada, Ringette Alberta and your local association make the decisions they do.
Ringette Alberta has recently published its RETURN TO RINGETTE GUIDELINES. This season will be much different than seasons in the past so we ask for everyone's patients during this time as we construct our policies and procedures for this season. Rules on cohort formation will require many more volunteers (coaches) than in the past.
Here are some highlights of our activities:
- EFCLRA has changed its Coaching Selection Committee title to Coaching Development Committee to reflect a more encompassing approach to supporting our coaches and team staff
- The Coaching Development Committee (CDC) had adopted new Terms of Reference to govern its activities and is currently working on updating its existing documents and adding new resources throughout the season.
- Maintain our Coaching Selection Policy
- Kick-off our Team Staff Recruitment, Retention and Mentoring Program - Contact Ryan at email@example.com to become a Mentor or Mentee for this upcoming season
- Continue our Coach recognition and awards program
- Updating the Team Staff Roles and Responsibilities Guidelines and Code of Conduct Policy
- Updating the Coach/Team Staff Evaluation Form
Need help developing practice sessions?