Government of Alberta Path Forward Step 1 changes
Children and youth will be allowed to participate in limited group activities. https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#jumplinks-3
- Lessons, practices and physical conditioning activities are allowed for indoor and outdoor minor sports/activities and school athletics (for example, school sport activities that are outside of a physical education class or related part of the school curriculum).
- Games are not allowed.
- Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
- 3-metres physical distance for indoor activities
- 2-metres physical distance for outdoor activities
- coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
- Participants must be masked at all times, except during the training activity. Coaches and trainers must remain masked at all times.
- Access to change rooms must be limited, including accelerated arrival and departure, emergencies (for example, first aid) and washroom use.
Upon seeking further clarification from the GoA, Ringette Alberta was able to let association know in a meeting that took place last evening that we are allowed to have 10 individuals on each half of the ice surface with a 3 metre separation at centre with no mixing of individuals from one half of the ice to the other.