Officiating for the 2018-2019 season
Edmonton Ringette is Not accepting Applications for New Officials for the 2018/2019 Season.
If a position does become available and you would like to be considered please fill out the application form for future considerations.
APPLICATION FOR OFFICIALS
If you wish to know more about becoming an official please contact Kim at email@example.com for further information.
What to expect as an Official
- Great pay starting at $22 / game
- Keep in shape
- Meet new friends and work as a team.
- Give something back to the game
- Have FUN !
Expectations of New Officials:
- Minimum 14 years of age
- Willing to commit to a minimum of one game per week (4/month, 20/year)
- Required items include skates, black CSA certified helmet, finger whistle, black pants and an officials jersey.
- Willing to officiate 2-4 games at the Edmonton Silver Ring tournament scheduled around your own games
- Outgoing, not afraid to blow your whistle! Willing to call penalties
- Excited to become an Official with Edmonton Ringette!!
Referee Training Program
- Complete an online learning module and Attend a half-day clinic which includes 1 hour of on-ice instruction
- Receive at least 3 “mentored” games, which includes a Level 2 or higher ref on the ice with you (3 officials on the ice)
- Receive in at least 1 evaluation per season
- New officials are given a casebook and are expected to read it and learn the rules (it takes years to learn all the rules, but the casebook is a good start!)
- Review resources on website on how to complete a gamesheet and operate a shot clock
- Attend adhoc meetings as required
- Attended "refresher" clinics every rule change year