Officiating for the 2021-2022 season
Edmonton Ringette is Now accepting Applications for New Officials for the 2021/2022 Season.
Please fill out the application form for consideration.
APPLICATION FOR OFFICIALS
If you wish to know more about becoming an official please contact Kim at email@example.com for further information.
What to expect as an Official:
- Great pay starting at $25/game
- Keep in shape
- Meet new friends and work as a team
- Give something back to the game
- Have FUN!
Expectations of New Officials:
- Minimum 14 years of age
- Willing to commit to a minimum of one game per week (4/month, 20/year)
- Required items include skates, black CSA certified helmet, finger whistle, black pants and an Officials jersey
- Willing to officiate 2-4 games at the Edmonton Silver Ring tournament scheduled around your own games
- Outgoing, not afraid to blow your whistle! Willing to call penalties
- Excited to become an Official with Edmonton Ringette!!
Referee Training Program:
- Complete an online learning module and attend a half-day clinic which includes 1 hour of on-ice instruction
- Receive at least 3 “mentored” games, which includes a Level 2 or higher ref on the ice with you (3 Officials on the ice)
- Receive in at least 1 evaluation per season
- New Officials are given a casebook and are expected to read it and learn the rules (it takes years to learn all the rules, but the casebook is a good start!)
- Review resources on website on how to complete a gamesheet and operate a shot clock
- Attend adhoc meetings
- Attended "refresher" clinics every rule change year